Family Dispute Mediation Lawyer Rockville, MD
If you and your spouse are getting divorced, consider speaking to a family dispute mediation lawyer Rockville, MD residents trust. Going through a divorce is tough, and this professional can make the process smoother.
What Is Mediation?
Mediation is a method to help divorcing couples resolve their conflicts without setting foot into a courtroom. An impartial third party will facilitate the discussion between couples and help them come to an agreement through communication and negotiation techniques. The goal of mediation is to provide a safe space for both parties to talk about their issues and avoid litigation.
There are several issues that can be resolved during mediation, such as:
- Child support
- Child custody
- Division of property
- Spousal support
- Division of retirement
- Division of debts
What Are the Benefits of Mediation?
If you opt for mediation with a family dispute mediation lawyer in Rockville, MD, you can look forward to these benefits:
- Privacy: Going through a divorce is very personal, but litigation can make it a public process. If you don’t want many people knowing the details about your divorce, mediation may be the way to go. Everything will be confidential between both parties.
- Less Costly: It’s no secret that going through traditional divorce proceedings is very expensive. When it’s all said and done, you will be out thousands of dollars. On the other hand, if you opt for mediation, you can save a lot of money.
- Faster Outcome: Divorce is a stressful process, so it’s understandable that you want to get it over with as quickly as possible. If you go through a traditional divorce, it could take over a year to settle everything. However, if you choose mediation, an agreement can typically be reached quicker. Then, you can get on with the rest of your life sooner.
- Maintain a Civil Relationship: Litigating a divorce in a courtroom with a family law lawyer in Rockville, MD can get pretty heated. Both parties can become angry with each other and say hurtful things. However, in mediation, you can discuss your issues in a calm manner and preserve a civil relationship with your ex-spouse after the fact.
- Full Control: When you litigate your divorce in court, you put big decisions in the hands of a judge. This can be quite nerve-wracking. If you go through mediation, you and your partner will have complete control of the outcome.
Schedule a consultation with a family dispute mediation lawyer in Rockville, MD at the Law Office Of Daniel Wright today.