Skip to main content

Custody Modification Lawyer Rockville MD

Custody Modification Lawyer Rockville MD

Custody Modification Lawyer Rockville MDAre you a divorced or single parent living in Rockville MD? Do you have or want custody of your children, but there’s already a court-ordered custody agreement in place? If your answer to both questions is “Yes,” don’t worry. You can modify your Maryland custody agreement. But to do this successfully, you’ll need knowledgeable and compassionate lawyers at your side, such as the lawyers of The Law Office of Daniel J. Wright. Daniel J. Wright, Esq. has a reputation for results, particularly those involving family issues and custody agreements. You may contact a custody modification lawyer Rockville MD residents trust and continue reading below.

What is Custody Modification?

Whenever your divorce and you’re a parent, a divorce court judge will assign custody between you and your ex-spouse. The custody arrangement can be joint custody split 50/50 between you two or giving you sole or primary custody, or vice versa. But there may come a time when your circumstances change and you or your ex wants more or less custody. Custody modification is any changes a court makes to your initial agreement. You can see and fill out this Custody Modification Form for Maryland.

What Problems Can I Run Into?

Whenever you go before a judge, you can encounter problems. For example, your ex may disagree with rearranging custody. Your ex may not always show up in court. Worst of all, even your children may dispute custody rearrangements. Remember, modifying custody affects all of you, and your children may like their living situations how they are now. Not to mention, adjusting to a new schedule after adjusting to their parents divorcing may cause emotional harm to your children. However, by no means should you not pursue modification if you believe it’s what’s in the best interest of you and your children.

Why Do I Need A Custody Modification Lawyer?

Your ex may attack your character and raise reasons as to why the judge should not grant your custody modification request. For example, your ex’s lawyer may bring up:

  • Your criminal history, if applicable
  • Your failure to show up for scheduled visitation, if applicable
  • Your failure to provide for the children’s basic necessities, if applicable
  • Your unstable living arrangement, if applicable
  • Your substance use disorder, if applicable
  • Your lack of job security, if applicable

These are just some of the reasons why it’s imperative that you hire a custody modification lawyer who can redeem your character and argue that it’s in both the children’s and your best interest to change the custody arrangement. A lawyer knows what a judge looks for and wants to hear. A lawyer knows how to word requests properly and sympathetically to paint you in the best light possible. Therefore, you don’t want to submit this request by yourself.


The decision to modify custody should be taken seriously. You’ll need a legal expert who’s familiar with this work. You’ll need a supportive custody modification lawyer in Rockville MD, such as The Law Office of Daniel J. Wright. If you’re in or near Rockville, Maryland, don’t hesitate. Call us now to schedule your free consultation. You may contact us online or call us at 301-655-8130 or send an inquiry to [email protected].

Visit Our Office

Schedule A Consultation Today!

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.