CHILD VISITATION LAWYER ROCKVILLE, MD
REPRESENTATION FOR YOUR UNIQUE ISSUES
Any experienced child visitation lawyer Rockville, MD residents trusts knows all too well that before, during and after a divorce, disagreements over access to a child or children come in a wide variety of categories — visitation denials, allegations of parental alienation, nonpayment or late payment of child support, refusal to allow telephone access, and a child’s resistance to visitation with noncustodial parent, just to name a few.
At the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright in Rockville, we come up with workable legal solutions to these difficult problems. Our clients in Montgomery County, throughout Maryland and in Washington, D.C., appreciate the family law solutions we recommend — and have for more than 35 years.
Whether you are a divorced or unmarried co-parent, attorney Daniel J. Wright can use his extensive legal knowledge, responsiveness to your goals and attentive personal service to handle:
- Client objectives regarding sole, joint, physical and legal custody
- Scheduling of visitation opportunities that maintain both parents’ prominent roles in a child’s upbringing
- Post-judgment modifications of parental rights to child custody and visitation
- The goal of keeping family members in touch after a parental relocation due to job seeking, job transfer, military transfer or the need for specialized health care available only in another state
- Post-judgment enforcement of divorce settlement agreement obligations when those responsibilities go unfulfilled
Along the way, you will never be left out of the loop during the hard work Mr. Wright performs on your behalf. As your child visitation lawyer Rockville, MD residents count on, he will listen carefully to your wishes, respond with realistic assessments and do everything in his power to transition you and your child or children to a brighter post-divorce future.
If you are going through a divorce or legal separation, and children are involved, it may be a smart decision to contact a child visitation lawyer Rockville, MD trusts. Child custody arrangements often include a number of challenges that, if not correctly addressed, could be drawn out for months or even years. Due to the complexities that may arise, the child custody lawyers at [law firm name] encourage you to call now to discuss your situation and find out what options might be available to you.
In almost all states, the sex of a parent is not biased which means a court decision about the custody of a child cannot be made based upon the parent being a male or female. Rather the court will hear both parents, review various circumstances and factors of the case, and listen to the recommendations of the child custody lawyers present. In general if your ex-spouse has hired a lawyer, you should do the same to ensure you get the outcome you are looking for. If you believe your spouse is making false accusations about you or you are being misrepresented as a parent, we can help you out.
Filing for Child Custody
Although every state’s child custody laws are different, anyone who is under the age of 18 is considered a child and will need a parent or guardian to make important decisions on their behalf. To file for custody in the state, you will need to meet requirements including, but not limited to:
- The child must have lived in the state for a minimum period of time (usually six months)
- The parent should have connection to the state (i.e. residence, education, a job, etc.)
In addition to these minimum requirements, a court will consider the child’s best interests before deciding on child custody. Some factors to aid the court in the decision are:
- The child’s age
- The child’s physical and mental health
- The relationship between the parents and the child
- The role each parent plays, has played, and will play in the upbringing of the child
- The child’s needs
- Both parents willingness and ability to resolve disputes that affect the child
- The preference of the child
- Whether or not there is a history of domestic violence or abuse
- Whether or not a parent has felony convictions
- The financial earning capacity of the parents
We Will Fight For You and Your Child
Guided by decades of experience, we have helped thousands of clients come to effective solutions regarding child custody. Whenever possible we will seek to come to an agreement through negotiations and mediation; however, should a dispute ensue, we are fully capable of legal representation in front of a judge. Rest assured, we don’t back down and will be ready to tenaciously fight for you and your children’s best interests.
Additional family-related legal matters we handle include, but are not limited to:
Daniel J. Wright combines a deep belief in the best interests of the child with the determination to fight hard for clients at every stage of every case. When you need quality divorce legal services delivered with power and precision, contact the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright today — by phone at 301-655-8130 or by email. Call today to speak to a child visitation lawyer Rockville, MD is proud to have in its midsts.
Our law office is accessible via Interstate 270 and conveniently located only blocks from the Rockville Metro station.