SOLUTIONS TO YOUR FAMILY LAW DISPUTES
If you are in the middle of a divorce or are frustrated that your divorce is being delayed by a dispute over alimony levels or child access — or if domestic violence has played a role in your decision to end your marriage — the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright can help.
Decades Of Experience, Reputation For Results For Divorce And Family Law Clients
For more than 35 years, Daniel J. Wright’s legal skills and personal service have made a significant difference in many lives. Our law firm excels at handling:
- Uncontested, contested and high-asset divorce
- Child custody and visitation issues
- Child support and spousal support (alimony)
- Equitable distribution of marital assets and property
- Post-judgment modifications to reflect a change in lifestyle
- Post-judgment enforcement when settlement agreement obligations are not being met
"Excellent legal advisor. Patient while advising me, formidable in court!"
If you and your family find yourselves in need of afamily law lawyer Rockville, MD trusts contact the ones who care from the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright. For many years, we have been dedicated to helping families in all areas of family law cases. We understand that is may be a difficult time and we are offering a helping hand during the stress and struggle of deciding what comes next. Family law can be very complex, allow us to provide proper guidance every step of the way.
Family Law Practices
There are several different areas of practice that a family lawyer may be of necessity. No matter what your situation is, we will be there to help defend your rights. In all areas of family law there is a new chapter in your life beginning. Some of the practice areas we focus on at the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright may include:
- Divorce: This a typical area that a family lawyer may be hired in order to help protect their defendant. A divorce can be a very emotional and stressful time without the added complicated matters of legalities. Our lawyers care about your future and will work earnestly to help protect your rights to parent and support your children, your assets, and your right to be financially secure.
- Child Custody & Support: This topic may be covered during the initial divorce settlement. However, as time goes on there may need to be changes to the original agreement for situations such as a change in financial statues.
- Paternity: In this position it is typically the mother that files for a paternity case in the hopes of securing child support from the absent father. However, in some situations the father will file for paternity so that they are able to have a relationship with their child. Normally, paternity will be determined through a DNA test.
- Adoption: If a family is hoping to adopt it is highly encouraged that they speak with a family lawyer. Adoption can be a very complex process and varies based on the type of adoption, the state they are in, where the child is from and several other factors. Since there are so many crucial elements when adopting a child it is important to speak with someone that understands the legal side of the process.
No matter what your scenario may be, our law firm is committed to offering you the best legal counsel.
Contact Us Today
If you are in need of any type of a family law lawyer Rockville, MD residents trust, let us be the ones you can trust and rely on every step of the way. At the Law Office of Daniel J. Wright your case will be our priority as we develop a strategic plan that will protect your rights and help you build your future. For a free consultation with one of our skilled lawyers call us today.
Committed To Ending Violence Against Women
The number of domestic violence cases has risen, dramatically and tragically, in Montgomery County. Too many men have been physically and emotionally abusive to the women in their lives, assuming that courts will overlook this abuse.
As a family law attorney who is dedicated to reversing this trend, Daniel J. Wright makes himself available to help women secure protective orders when domestic abuse, spousal abuse and child abuse become a negative factor in your home.
As your lawyer, Mr. Wright gives you the facts you need about the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and is willing to go to court for protective orders and restraining orders that can ensure your safety.
Finding The Path That Is Right For You
When resolving family law matters, we look for the path that is best for you and your children. Our versatility produces a variety of positive outcomes — through mediation, negotiation and litigation in court. Wherever we can get the best results for you, that is the strategy we pursue.
The Accessible Attorney You Need For Family Issues That Arise 24 Hours A Day
Are you part of a married or unmarried couple in dispute over child custody rights and child visitation opportunities? Are you paying too much or receiving too little child support? Is your voice being ignored during property division discussions? Is a sudden, substantial change of circumstances causing you to consider a modification of a Maryland divorce settlement agreement?
Whatever your legal goal at this difficult time in your life, you have a friend and advocate in Daniel J. Wright. Contact our law firm today to arrange an initial consultation with a family law lawyer Rockville, MD counts on. Call us at 301-655-8130. Our law office is accessible via Interstate 270 and conveniently located only blocks from the Rockville Metro station.
The Appellate Process
From time to time, judges on the circuit courts make decisions that are wrong. Sometimes they are not only wrong, but they are in fact unlawful. When this happens, there are higher courts that are able to scrutinize the decisions of the lower courts and correct them. A willingness to follow through with an appeal, if required, should be a part of the strategy in every important case. At the same time, when a case is won before the circuit court sometimes the other party will seek an appeal, and the victory must be defended in the appellate court.
Normally in an appeal, witnesses are not called and new testimony is not taken. Instead, the case is heard on the record established below, together with legal arguments. The legal arguments are contained in briefs submitted by the parties. Below is a link to one of Mr. Wright’s briefs, together with the decision that followed it. In this case, the circuit court ruled in favor of Mr. Wright’s client and he was successful in defending the victory in the appellate court.