Uncontested Divorce Lawyer Rockville MD
If you and your spouse have made a mutual decision to get divorced, you should speak to an uncontested divorce lawyer Rockville MD residents trust. Although uncontested divorces tend to be less complicated than contested ones, all divorces can be stressful. A lawyer can guide you through the process and ensure your legal rights are protected.
What Is an Uncontested Divorce?
An uncontested divorce refers to a divorce in which neither spouse is fighting. To qualify for this divorce, you and your spouses can’t have any disagreements about divorce issues, like child custody, property division and spousal support. Instead of going to court, you file a divorce settlement agreement, which includes details about the agreements you have made in regards to how you want to divide your assets and what your custody arrangements for your kids will be.
What Are the Benefits of an Uncontested Divorce?
If you and your spouse can agree on important issues concerning your divorce, going through with an uncontested divorce may be within your best interest. Here are some of the benefits of an uncontested divorce.
- Reduce Costs: Uncontested divorces are significantly less expensive to pursue than contested divorces. Even though it is still recommended to hire a divorce lawyer Rockville MD residents count on, you will have lower legal fees that process won’t take very long to complete.
- Save Time: One of the reasons why contested divorces take so long is that couples spend plenty of hours arguing in court about various issues, like property division and child custody. Because you and your spouse agree on important matters in your divorce, you will not have to spend time arguing in court. You can finalize your divorce in a reasonable amount of time and move on with your life.
- Reduce Conflict: In an uncontested divorce, you and your spouse agree on major issues. This can minimize the amount of conflict you two have during proceedings, which can reduce your stress.
- Increase Privacy: When a divorce is filed, financial and other private information becomes open to the public. If you file a contested divorce, there is less information filed with the court, increasing your privacy.
Uncontested divorce lawyers Rockville MD couples require shares that even if you and your ex have decided to end things amicably, there will still be much to sort out. Even under the best of terms, ending a relationship can be incredibly difficult. Emotions will be running high, and you will be faced with the task of adjusting to your new normal. This is a primary reason to contact The Law Office of Daniel J. Wright; we can help take the guesswork out of the legal process by protecting your rights and ensuring that your interests are kept at the forefront.
Adjusting to Your New Normal
Divorce can be complicated for a variety of reasons. While you will be contending with making many decisions. You will probably also be experiencing several conflicting emotions. You may be wondering whether you could have made things work if you had tried harder and felt sad over the fact that you and your spouse couldn’t make things work. Things like dividing assets and sharing custody of children can be incredibly emotional. Because of this, we know that you may benefit from a divorce lawyer’s assistance to help guide you through the process. With our services, we can take the guesswork out of the legal process so that you can begin to make adjustments while also taking care of yourself.
Making Critical Decisions During a Difficult Time
Our divorce lawyers in Rockville MD will tell you that even divorces that may appear to be straightforward can result in a number of complications. You and your partner will be tasked with making a range of decisions regarding how you will share the life you have built together. Having a lawyer from the start can help to ensure that your voice is kept at the forefront of the process. Common decisions that will need to be made might include:
- Property Division
- Child Support
- Child Custody (legal and physical)
- Community Assets
- Determining Community Property and Shared Property
- Retirement Accounts
- Financial Planning
With so many decisions to make, negotiations are sure to occur, so you will need to consider our legal team’s services for guidance and support.
Reasons You Need a Lawyer
Sometimes, you and your spouse may have a clear picture of how you will divide your assets and settle your divorce. Unfortunately, things may become more complicated than they may have initially appeared. As a result, tensions may arise. You may be considering whether contacting a lawyer is appropriate. Here are some reasons to consider our services:
- To help advocate for you
- To assist you in navigating the divorce process
- To help negotiate agreements
- To draft your divorce agreement
- To advocate your parental rights
We want to help you get started by taking action immediately. Let us provide you with a smooth transition into your new normal.
Should I Hire a Lawyer?
Although an uncontested divorce is easier than a contested one, it is still in your best interest to work with an uncontested divorce lawyer in Rockville MD. He or she can look over your paperwork to make sure there are no errors. Your lawyer can also review your settlement agreement and determine if it suits your best interests or not. With a skilled lawyer on your side, it will make the entire situation less stressful.
If you plan on filing an uncontested divorce in the near future, you should schedule a consultation with an uncontested divorce lawyer in Rockville MD. Call Daniel J. Wright today.